Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wednesday and MEMBER OF THE MONTH

MEMBER OF THE MONTH: CITADEL!


WOD
Every minute on the minute (EMOM) for 20 mins:
15 KB Swings on even minute (53/35)

30 Double unders on odd minute

MEMBER OF THE MONTH: CITADEL

Why did you join CF?
1. I started CF because i wanted to start working out again after having Amelia. Having Amelia and being a first time mommy was tougher on me than I thought it would be and I felt like I "lost" myself. I needed/wanted to feel like myself again. I was scared to try CF, but my husband, Ken, convinced me to try it w/ a friend, Tanya Noe. 

How has CF made an impact on your life?

2. I don't even know where to begin. CF has impacted my life tremendously. I am not the same person I was 4 months ago. CF is nothing like i thought it would be. Yes, it's tough! Talk about being out of your comfort level, I have never done anything like it. But, you get through each WOD and you surprise yourself doing it! CF has made me realize that I can be strong. It's given me a confidence that I never had. I finally love who I am-inside and out. I must've drank that kool-aid because Ken and I have somehow convinced (w/o trying to..was just sharing our stories and love for CF and CFU) a friend, 3 sisters in law, a neice, and my mother in law to try CF and to even try paleo. Lastly, the CF community is wonderful..especially our CFU family. I have met the most wonderful, motivating, inspiring, positive people I have ever met at CFU and I love them all! It doesn't make sense to anyone else outside of it and i, myself, couldn't see at first why people cared so much about how much you push yourself..but they DO! No one will NOT let u finish! I am a better version of myself and i have CF and CFU to thank for it smile

I've noticed some new muscles, how do you feel about those!?
3. LOL at my muscles! I'm definitely not that "skinny" chick anymore. I couldn't believe that my body was changing, but it was. Strong has never been a word that I would have used to describe me..physically or mentally, but CF has helped me achieve it in every way. My muscles are an awesome example of how strong you can get w/ hard work. I luv them!

What is your biggest challenge in the gym?
4. Anything that requires using heavy weights in a WOD is hard for me. Even though I've gotten stronger, I am no where near Rx'ing any of the WOD weights. It used to bother me, but I learned to be happy with the progress I was making. 

Any goals?
5. One goal has been accomplished. I finally Rx 'd a WOD (for the Lurong Challenge). I'd like to be able to lift heavy weights, do double unders, and handstand push ups. Also, some pistols and a photo w/ a one handed handstand in front of the CFU logo. Is that too much to ask for? 

6. Favorite WOD/lift?
Any WOD i finish and can remember doing becomes my favorite. 
Least favorite WOD/lift-Randy (he made me cry). 

If you could do just one CrossFit move all the time, what would it be?
7. Wall walks. I think they are fun. It's like you're Spiderman turned upside down. 

What advise do you have for new people wanting to try CrossFit?
8. Do NOT think that you are not cut out for CF!! Anyone can do CF if you are willing to put the work into it. The gains you get from CF, both physically and mentally, are worth giving it a try. You will not regret it. 

NEWS!!!!!!!!
NO 3:30 PM OPEN GYM on THURSDAY THIS WEEK!
5am class coming Oct 1st! (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
Our Elements/Beginner Classes start the week of Oct 1st as well! They will run every week on these days: TUESDAYS/THURSDAYS 8am AND 430pm. FRIDAYS 630pm. SATURDAYS 10am.
LAST WEEK OF BARBELL CLUB

Time to sign up for:
the BAMF Mini Photo Shoot (Oct 14th) TWO SPOTS LEFT: (125$)

Brock's self defense class (Oct 20th)! SIGN UP IS AT THE GYM....clipboard on top of cubbies!
20$/2 hour class that starts at 11am!

Barbells for Boobs Oct 20th at CrossFit TakeOver---if you cannot make it there, we are hosting it for our gym members Oct 19th (Friday Night!) https://support.barbellsforboobs.org/group-fundraising/CrossFitunrivaled/ <---here is the link to donate for the cause!!!! 

OUR NEXT CFU MOVIE NIGHT Friday, Nov 2nd

No comments:

Post a Comment