Monday, January 6, 2014

Tuesday: MEMBER OF THE MONTH

**Temperate ALERT** 
As I am sure you are all aware, it's supposed to be cold as shit tomorrow. Be smart and bundle up! Wear a hat, gloves, warm socks...you know the drill
**TAKE NOTE**
We have Bend the Bar Competition at Unrivaled this weekend so we will not be open for class or open gym. Also, NUTRITION CHALLENGE STARTS ON MONDAY. THERE WILL BE NO 6:30pm Class on Monday due to the NUTRITION SEMINAR! I will release info on the Unrivaled Nutrition page on FB so please search that and add us :)

If you are TEAM FIVE or SIX AM: There is a small puddle of water that always collects in front of the door and will be frozen tomorrow so PLEASE proceed with CAUTION.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH: MIKE WILLIS
Mike getting ready to smash a barbell, typical!


1. When did you start?
DeAnna and I both started in October 2012. I heard about CF from some friends, and thought it sounded like a more effective/efficient way to exercise. We also liked the idea of being able to work out together. After some online research, we visited 3 different CF boxes in the area, but as soon as we watched a few minutes of a CFU class and spoke with Jackie and Drew, we knew this was the place for us.
2. FAVORITE WOD:
I’ll go with Fran – I like the simple/fast workouts that allow athletes to push as hard as possible the entire time. I think those have been the most beneficial for me, both physically and mentally.
3. Has CF improved other aspects of your life, other than just fitness? 
Definitely. I think the harder CF workouts allow athletes to improve mental toughness, which certainly carries over to many other aspects of life. Improved nutrition has been another area that has been significantly affected. And, we’ve made many good friends at CFU! It’s definitely refreshing to be around like-minded people who are committed to fitness, nutrition, and staying healthy.
4. LEAST FAVORITE WOD/MOVEMENT
I’m not a big fan of double unders…I can do them, but I’m not great at stringing them together. Definitely a skill that requires more practice and patience from me. 

5. What keeps you motivated and consistent?

My primary motivation is to stay healthy and mobile throughout my entire life, so I realize that consistency in the gym is a requirement. Secondly, I’m competing in an Ironman 70.3 race in August, and I believe CF has been a great complement to my traditional triathlon training regimen.

WOD


Bench Press

Unstable Bench
5 sets of 3

3 Rounds NFT:

Barbell Bent Over Rows
6-12 Reps
Evil Wheels
6-12 Reps

12 min EMOM

Odd: 5 Strict Press (choose a weight that you can keep form with, no over extending!)
Even: 1-3 Muscle Ups or 6-10 Pull Ups

Competitor WOD


2014 OPEN ATHLETES
1.  METCON
3 RFT:
75 Double Unders
50 Air Squats
25 Cals on Rower


2.  Skills
10x1 Jerk Grip OHS w/5 second Pause at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment