Thursday, October 25, 2012

MEMBER OF THE MONTH: Duane



First off this is a real humbling experience for me.

Basically my journey started because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. It is kind of funny though I was telling Joey McGourn at work one day I wanted to start working out again and needed a personal trainer, he recommended this guy at the gym he went to so off I went oh did I hate it boring and nothing was working. So I told Joey man I got to do something he told me all about CFU and how awesome it was. So looked at the website and there was a saying on there that caught my attention. "Train not to suck at life" right then I knew this had to be cool. So thanks Joey for sending me on what has been a incredible journey thus far.

The biggest change I have seen is in my body composition, but my energy levels are out the roof no more vegging on the coach. My endurance is getting better Now if I could only get faster.

Don't really have a favorite but for convince I Like squats because I can do them but I really like all the OLY lifts because I want to be able to see what I can do with proper form and increased mobility so I can be diesel like Coach Brian.

The thing that makes me want to come to the gym is our CFU people, no ego's just an awesome group of bad asses encouraging each other and having fun while there doing it. I am also a people watcher and seeing some of you fight through WODs inspires me so much. And the coaches they Rock motivating me by using things that are personal to me, makes me know they want me to achieve Bad Assness someday. Jackie and Drew have a great family at CFU.

My outlook on my health has really changed no more excuses to old, to fat, I will never be able to do that. I know now to just "shut up and work" I know I did not get this body over night but with some help from nasty girls I will be back. Besides I have an awesome sports fan named Meghan that I would like to be around for.

If I could create a WOD for Duane what would it be, I will let you know on December 3, 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment